Need .gpstate fix

Jul 31, 2012 at 11:32 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if there are any plans to fix the .gpstate problem when used with source control systems such as TFS. Currently, in a team environment, the .gpstate gets reinitialized to 0K and all the recipes gets wiped out from the projects :(

Hugs,
Serena 

Developer
Aug 6, 2012 at 7:33 PM

In my experience, checking in the .gpstate file to version control works pretty well. There used to be a bug that would make Visual Studio crash when GAX tried to save its state to the .gpstate file and it was read-only (i.e. checked in), but that was resolved a couple of years ago I think. Of course, you need to remember to check it out when you make changes to any of the recipes' state, but in general it's not recommended to have stateful recipes anyway (where possible).

Hope that helps a bit...?

Cheers,

Jelle

Aug 16, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Hi Jelle,

There isn't a problem in a single developer environment but in a team environment, the .gpstate is easily corrupted and reset to 0KB. :(

Hugs,
Serena

Developer
Aug 30, 2012 at 12:31 PM

I haven't seen this myself yet, but if it's reproducible you should be able to debug the problem I hope. At least, now that you have the source code :-)

I'm not familiar with the GAT/GAX code base myself (except for the changes needed to make it work on VS2012) so I can't help much I'm afraid.