Upgrading Projects that uses Guidance Package 2010

Aug 27, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Hi,

I was wondering how we can upgrade the existing solutions and projects files that were unfolded from a Guidance Package that were created from GAT 2010 to the OpenGax GAT 2012 version.

To avoid confusion, I am referring to the Solutions and Projects that developers create from our Guidance Package (and not about upgrading our own Guidance Package (VSIX) which is already covered in the documentation).

1. I have tried unfolding a Solution from my Guidance Package developed using GAT 2010.

2. I then open it in VS 2012 with GAT 2012 and my 2012 package installed.

3. After VS 2012 upgrades the solution, it prompts an error message telling me...

Recipe Framework Error. Guidance Package MyPackage failed to load. Do you want to permanently remove the package from the current solution?

4. I select NO but the guidance is still dis-associated from the projects.

5. I close VS 2012 and the gpstate file becomes 2K (down from original 28K).

Hope to get some advice.

Hugs,
Serena 

Developer
Aug 30, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Hi Serena,

I'm going to have to weasel out with the same answer as on your other topic I'm afraid: you have the source code so because it's easily reproducible you can hopefully debug and find out what causes this. I'll ask the owners to make you contributor to the project if you want to make changes to fix this as well. Let me know if you want to dive in.

Cheers,

Jelle

Aug 31, 2012 at 3:35 AM

Hi Jelle,

Your offer is tempting but I am afraid my VS programming skills are still not up to the standard of understanding what the GAT/GAX code is doing. Furthermore, there isn't any documentation on it and I am really at a loss looking at the sea of codes. I guessed I won't be able to contribute any useful code or fix to it at the moment. :(

Hugs,
Serena 

Jun 20, 2013 at 10:38 AM
HI,
I was trying to update my VS2010 project into vs2012.But i am getting an exception while processing the t4 template .Following is the code
ITextTemplatingEngine engine = new Engine();
string content = engine.ProcessTemplate(templateCode, host);

I am getting a texttemplating exception and i am using the DLL Microsoft.VisualStudio.Texttemplating.10.Dll

Any Suggestions Will be helpful
Jun 26, 2013 at 12:30 PM
<#@ property processor="PropertyProcessor" name="TargetProject" type="EnvDTE.Project, EnvDTE, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"#>
<#@ property processor="PropertyProcessor" name="DataEntityList" type="Infosys.SoftwareFactories.Common.Helpers.ObjectModel.CodeGeneration.DataEntityList, Infosys.SoftwareFactories.Common, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=dac06eeafb754209" #>
<#@ property processor="PropertyProcessor" name="Module" type="System.String" #>

i am getting error in the above lines in T4 template any suggestions on how to use this PROPERTyPROCESSOR in VS2012 will be helpful